Below you will find products that we recommend and use on a regular basis around the homestead. I hope this page helps you on your journey to a more sustainable and healthier way of life as you build your homestead from scratch.
- Hoof Trimmers
- Selenium Vitamin E Gel
- Probios for Ruminants
- UltraCruz – Copper Bolus for Kids
- UltraCruz – Copper Bolus for Adults
- Balling Gun Curved with Soft Black Rubber
Recommendations suggest to trim hooves every 6 to 8 weeks and some even say every 12. I have discovered that about every 6 works best for me because they do not have any concrete or rocks to help keep them filed down.
The Selenium shown above is a paste and I administer it to my Nigerian Dwarf doelings on the first of every month. Under a year gets 2 grams.
The poultry cups are placed on an automatic watering system that we built ourselves. To build your own just follow this link https://youtu.be/cni6V77sGbY
A sand bath for poultry is crucial. The sand covers the skin and helps to keep the mites away. Plus, they have a blast and it gives them something to do.
- Poultry Nipples
- Probios Dispersable Powder 5 lb.
- Cayenne Pepper (best), Garlic Powder (works too)
We use them in a 5 gal. bucket (food grade). If you’d like to see how we did it, just follow this link https://youtu.be/M7Ozi1nhCOo
It is a wormer and I use it every spring. Dosage: 3 ml per gallon of water for 48 to 72 hours with no other source of water. In the fall, I give them pumpkin which is reported to be a natural wormer.
It is reported that both (cayenne being better) helps to repel worms by creating an unfriendly environment for them and the chickens cannot feel the heat.
- Our product recommendations are things we use ourselves and have proven to be beneficial to us on our homestead in Central Florida.
- We are not veterinarians or professionally trained in any way. We are self taught by studying and having wonderful mentors. Mentors are an irreplaceable asset.
- “As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.” Some links on this website are affiliate links which means that I receive a small commission on qualified purchases at no additional cost to you. We only recommend products that we would use ourselves. For our full disclosure, click here.