Below you will find our recommendations on products that we keep on hand around the homestead in caring for our livestock and in the garden. Plus, you will find items that I would hate to live without in the kitchen and use on a regular basis. I hope this page helps you in the care of your animals your journey to a more self-sufficient, natural way of life as you build your homemade homestead.
- Hoof Trimmers
- Selenium Vitamin E Gel
- Probios for Ruminants
- UltraCruz – Copper Bolus for Kids
- UltraCruz – Copper Bolus for Adults
- Balling Gun Curved with Soft Black Rubber
Recommendations suggest to trim hooves every 6 to 8 weeks and some even say every 12. I have discovered that about every 6 works best for me because they do not have any concrete or rocks to help keep them filed down.
The Selenium shown above is a paste and I administer it to my Nigerian Dwarf doelings on the first of every month. Under a year gets 2 grams.
The poultry cups are placed on an automatic watering system that we built ourselves. To build your own just follow this link https://youtu.be/cni6V77sGbY
A sand bath for poultry is crucial. The sand covers the skin and helps to keep the mites away. Plus, they have a blast and it gives them something to do.
Yes we are (NPIP 58-2813) and we ship to the lower 48.
- Poultry Nipples
- Probios Dispersable Powder 5 lb.
- Cayenne Pepper (best), Garlic Powder (works too)
We use them in a 5 gal. bucket (food grade). If you’d like to see how we did it, just follow this link https://youtu.be/M7Ozi1nhCOo
It is a wormer and I use it every spring. Dosage: 3 ml per gallon of water for 48 to 72 hours with no other source of water. In the fall, I give them pumpkin which is reported to be a natural wormer.
It is reported that both (cayenne being better) helps to repel worms by creating an unfriendly environment for them and the chickens cannot feel the heat.
- Our product recommendations are things we use ourselves and have proven to be beneficial to us on our homestead in Central Florida.
- We are not veterinarians or professionally trained in any way. We are self taught by studying and having wonderful mentors. Mentors are an irreplaceable asset.
- “As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.” Some links on this website are affiliate links which means that I receive a small commission on qualified purchases at no additional cost to you. We only recommend products that we would use ourselves. For our full disclosure, click here.