Nothing Says Summer Like Ice Cream
Easy & rich country vanilla ice cream recipe. So versatile, so refreshing, and so delicious! Perfect in a cone, a sundae, a float or as a banana split. And we can’t forget about those fruit pies and cobblers! A big scoop added to top of a warm pie or cobbler? There are no words to describe the shear pleasure. Yes, it’s true, I adore a warm fruit pie or cobbler with a big dollop of this amazing vanilla ice cream.
Tools You’ll Need
To begin, place 2 eggs in the mixing bowl and beat until blended. Add 2 – 1/4 cups sugar slowly to incorporate on medium low speed. Increase speed to medium high and beat egg and sugar mixture until very thick and pale. Now, turn your mixer to lower and slowly add 2- 1/2 cups whole milk, 2 cups heavy cream, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and 2 – 1/4 teaspoons vanilla extract. Mix until well blended. Pour into the ice cream maker and let run until it is a soft serve consistency. Spoon the ice cream into 2 quart-size freezer containers and place in freezer for 2 hours before serving.
In the video above, I will show you just how easy this recipe is to make. Your family will love it and your guests will be asking where they can find it.
- If using an automatic ice cream maker, it will take about 30 thirty for your vanilla ice cream to be ready.
- Best served after a couple of hours in the freezer to give it time to firm up.
- This post may contain affiliate links. We make a small commission if you buy the products from these links (at no extra cost to you). As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. But I only recommend products we would use ourselves. See my full disclosure here.
Find More Helpful Homestead Links Below:
- How to Make Sourdough Cinnamon Rolls
- How to Make Delicious Cream Corn from Scratch
- Rich, Delicious, & Easy Chicken Stock
- About Us
- How to Make Homemade Mayo
If you ever have any questions, please don’t hesitate to ask. I love to hear from you!
Easy, Rich & Dreamy Country Vanilla Ice Cream
- freezer storage containers
- ice cream maker
- 2 large eggs
- 2 – 1/4 cups sugar
- 2 – 1/2 cups whole milk
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 – 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Place eggs in mixer bowl and beat until combined.
- Add sugar gradually and beat on medium high until the eggs are thick and pale.
- Pour in the whole milk and the heavy cream. Add salt and vanilla extract. Mix well.
- Pour the mixture into the ice cream maker and process until thick and creamy.
- Add the ice cream to the freezer food containers and place the containers in the freezer for 2 hours before eating for best results.